Artist: Chan. N. May
Chan. N. May was born 1976
Place of Birth : Hau-giang , Vietnam.
Chan was born in Vietnam but grew up and studied in Belgium from the age of three, she came back in Vietnam ten years ago. She has worked 15 years as a fashion designer and owned her own brand. She has never stopped to draw and paint to make exhibitions as well. Few years ago, she decided to dedicate herself only to Art, the source of happiness and joy.
She draws “At the very beginning, from the time a pencil falls into her hand”. She likes to capture details in things all around her for find the beauty and love in everything and through the observation, she tries to understand the real meanings of life and the messages of the universe. Her predilection is to create pictures and to reproduce scenes that she witnesses or feels when she just closes her eyes in an instant of meditation. She loves to explore all subjects, all supports and all techniques following her feelings at that time. (drawing, painting, photography).
EDUCATION1997-1994 BA in FASHION DESIGN – MODELISM – INSTITUTE BISCHOFFSHEIM (H.E.F.F. ), (Brussels)
GRADUATE with mention: GREAT DISTINCTION
1994-1991 ROYAL ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS AND DECORATIVE ARTS ( Tournai- BELGIUM).
from orient painting
EXHIBITION & AWARDS:
- 1997 Costume catwalk, festival of science fiction film, (Brussels). Hats collection exhibition, ‘’ MUSEUM OF the HATS and ACCESSORIES CARLIER” (Brussels)
- 1998 Jewelries, costumes and hats collection catwalk Catwalk at the raveled Preview concert of JOSE VAN HAMME.
- 1999 Exhibition “MODO BRUXELLAE selection young Fashion designer. (Belgium).
- 2000 Exhibition “MODO BRUXELLAE selection young Fashion designer (Belgium).
- 2001 Painting Exhibition “the passage”, « (Liege, Belgium)
- 2002 Fashion fair of Idyll ready –to-wear at Kartexpo (Brussels).
- 2003 Fashion fair of Idyll ready-to-wear Porte de Versailles (Paris – France).
- 2004 Illustrations for a childbook “the large dustbins” of E. VanderMeulen.
- 2005 Participation of Idyll at the fair of ‘’Arts – Decorative of Geneva ‘’ (Switzerland).
- 2006 Fashion show Idyll, (Sofitel Hotel, HCMC) – Evening Dresses catwalk under the topic of the “Moulin-Rouge” to the profit of the Carpentier foundation. Fashion catwalk Idyll ready –to-wear (Majestic Hotel, HCMC).
- 2007 Fashion catwalk Idyll ready-to-wear , (Hotel Caravel, .HCMC).
- 2008 Painting exhibition “Courtesans, Geisha part. I” (L’en-tete, HCMC).
- 2009 Painting exhibition “Courtesans, Geisha part. II”. (Gallery VAN, HCMC).
- 2010 Painting exhibition ‘’Research on the evolution of decorative paintings (Intercontinental Asiana Plaza , HCMC).
- 2012 Fashion show 2 parts : Chan N.May Couture and IDYLL for TDT Event Under the topic ‘’Everlasting french songs’’ ( Ben Thanh Theater).
- 2014 :Asia Contemporary Art Show 15th-18th Hong Kong.
- 2014 : Asia Contemporary Art Show in May 15th-18th ,Hong Kong.
- 2014: Group Exhibition in July 18th-20th PAKROYAL Hotel, Singapore.
- 2014 :Group Exhibition in August 22nd-24th Asia Hotle Art Fair, Korea.
- 2014: Orient Painting Comtemporary Art Exhibition at The Art House, Singapore.
- 2015: Group Exhibition in Jun 13th-17th ION Ochard Gallery, Singapore.
PRESSBOOK – PUBLICATIONS & ARTICLES
- SAIGON CITYLIFE (nhip Song Sai gon) 01/2006 – 05 /2007
- VAN HOA (The gioi Van Hoa) 03 – 04 – 05 – 12/2006
- SAIGON TIMES CHAO! 03 – 2006
- SAIGON INSIDE-OUT. 06 – 2006
- THE GUIDES Vietnam Economic Times. 07/2006
- THIEP THI & GIA DINH 04 – 06/2006; 02/2007
- L’ECHO DES RIZIERES (two-monthly of the association of the
French-speaking people) 02/2007
- PHU NU & THE THAO. 03/2007
- VIETNAM DISCOVERY .02/2007
- ASIALIFE. 01/2008
- MUA SAM. 04/2007 – 01/2008
- CO HOI VANG. 12/2008
- THANH NIEN DAILY. 01/2009
- NOI THAT. 02 /2009